- If you don’t have a garage and you live in an area where you get hail storms quite frequently, buy a carport. Purchase a foldup or collapsible carport to keep your car safe through the hail season. Make sure to purchase the one with covered sides, zippers for added protection.
- Purchase a protective cover designed for your car. However, if your manufacturer does not make one, you can find a generic one that specifically protects against hail damage.
- Get access to a professional parking garage to protect against damage caused by hail storms or any other natural elements. If you are outside, you can always head to the nearest mall or other locations with underground parking.
- If there are strong winds, figure out which way the wind is blowing and you can dodge the hail by using the building as a shield. You can always cover the vehicle with whatever you have in your car to limit the damage. Once the storm has passed, you can continue driving.
- The most important point is to stay alert. Check the forecast before you head out especially during the hail season. Depending on the forecast, prepare yourself accordingly.
It is very important to protect your vehicle during a hail storm. The best thing to do is to find a shelter as soon as possible. However, if you are not close to a shelter or driving when a storm hits, here are a few ways you can protect your car.