It is very important to protect your vehicle during a hail storm. The best thing to do is to find a shelter as soon as possible. However, if you are not close to a shelter or driving when a storm hits, here are a few ways you can protect your car.
- If you don’t have a garage and you live in an area where you get hail storms quite frequently, buy a carport. Purchase a foldup or collapsible carport to keep your car safe through the hail season. Make sure to purchase the one with covered sides, zippers for added protection.
- Purchase a protective cover designed for your car. However, if your manufacturer does not make one, you can find a generic one that specifically protects against hail damage.
- Get access to a professional parking garage to protect against damage caused by hail storms or any other natural elements. If you are outside, you can always head to the nearest mall or other locations with underground parking.
- If there are strong winds, figure out which way the wind is blowing and you can dodge the hail by using the building as a shield. You can always cover the vehicle with whatever you have in your car to limit the damage. Once the storm has passed, you can continue driving.
- The most important point is to stay alert. Check the forecast before you head out especially during the hail season. Depending on the forecast, prepare yourself accordingly.
The good news is that comprehensive and all perils car insurance policies include damage caused by hail. You can review your car insurance policy or talk to one of our brokers today. Call us today to make sure you have the right coverage to protect your vehicle from such natural elements.